Another Saggar Fire Experiment

This was an order for a yakishime katakuchi that I got a while back.
Wasn't sure what I'd get since I've had mixed results with this in the
past. I'd been using shells for the salt, charcoal, and rice hulls. Well
the shells impart the salt, but flux everything so much what you end up
with is a big mess with sharp edges.

This time I just used charcoal and hulls, and gave the pot a very thin
wash of wood ash before putting it in. I did spray some wood ash on the
front, but wasn't happy with that so I won't be doing it again. The
thinner areas have much better color response from the charcoal.

This is the first time I've been able to get the gold and copper
speckling and sheen.